Site Meter

Monday, October 6, 2008

October Surprise

The surprise is that it is already October!
This is just a quick missive to honor the best month of the year- October! (yes, with exclamation and bold, I love it THAT much). I've had a family trip to the pumpkin patch on the calender since early September, I made beef stew this weekend and pumpkin muffins are on the baking agenda this morning. I actually lost sleep last night thinking of ways I could "October" up my soon-to-be-famous Cheesecakes with pumpkin and spice or apples and caramel.

The 'surprise' is also that I actually DO think of things other than politics. In fact my political awareness has just recently been reawakened after 8 years of sleeping through the Bush administration. Honestly, the only way to deal with that mess was to merely stop listening. There was nothing I could do and I swear that listening to George W. Bush speak just made me dizzy with the feeling that my IQ was plummeting with exposure to the sound of his voice.
The man endumbened me.
If he were a Super Villain he would be The EnDumbenator- stunning people into to stupidity and apathy with the sound of his voice.
But, I am endumbened no more!

So yes, while October will see more posts of a political nature- debate #2 is tomorrow!- I actually do think about other things and probably will once the election is over.

No comments: