Site Meter

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Obama Rally in Grant Park. Yes we did!

It was a beautiful day so I took these pictures on a break from work:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I went down to Congress Parkway and people were already lining up at 2 pm:
Photobucket

After work I met up with some friends at Kasey's Tavern in Printer's Row.
One night every four years my dream comes true-7 screens of politics instead of sports. Ha!
Photobucket

My friends from Detroit had just made it in on the Amtrak and even though they didn't have tickets for the rally they were ready to celebrate-and celebrate we did:
Photobucket

We headed over to the rally at about 8:30. The line was damn long but we made it in just as they announced Barak Obama as the 44th President of the United States of America.
Photobucket
We were very happy:
Photobucket

The crowd was huge but everyone was so civil.
Photobucket

Outside of Grant Park the crown was even bigger and still very civil. It was an impromptu parade down Michigan Avenue.
Photobucket
Photobucket

My vote for cheesiest shirt of the night:
Photobucket

Tired but happy today!

No comments: